Sunday, October 19, 2008

In which we prepare for the cold


It was a lovely fall Saturday, and Hitty Joanna, Hitty Rosemary and I decided to put on our new fall clothes to go outside to get some sunshine.  The Autumn Joy Sedum has turned a lovely shade of deep rose.  It seems like only yesterday when it looked like pale green cauliflower!

I wore my brand new winter bonnet that Jen made from a Gail Wilson kit.  I think it looks rather nice with my fall dress and pinafore.

 

Hitty Joanna wore a new crocheted cape that Jen made using a pattern she'd found on the web back in January 2003 - guess it needed to wait in the project queue a while!  She used Frog Tree alpaca wool.  It was the first time she'd worked with fingering weight wool.  Hitty Joanna was pleased with the results!  I hope that Jen will make more.  Another trip to the yarn shop to pick out some new colors is in order, don't you think? 


Hitty Rosemary (who is Hitty Beatrix's twin sister), wore the new hooded cape that Jen made using the same Gail Wilson kit from which the winter bonnet, nightgown and cap came.  I think she was a bit over dressed, but she was excited to try it out.   There will be days when it is needed soon enough, I'm afraid.


We brought in the potted scented geranium and basil plants for fear of frost tonight.  We hope that we can keep them alive through the winter.  I'm afraid that Jen doesn't really have a green thumb, so we'll see.

- Hitty Grace

No comments: