Sunday, January 15, 2012

An Apology and A False Start

The other Hittys have reminded me that their blog has been neglected for a very, very, very long time.  I am sincerely apologetic to have not posted for over a year!  What a shame!  I must confess that my duties in supporting my person throughout 2011 took precedence over everything else.  However, this year, she is striving to maintain her blogs more diligently, and I will do the same.  Please accept my apology, from all of the Chesapeake Bay Hittys.

The Mid-Atlantic has had an unseasonably warm autumn and winter, and as recently as last Wednesday, we were often able to go out and about with just a light jacket.  It was on that last warm day, that I noticed that the daffodils have already peaked out of the ground!  Maryland does not normally see such a sight in January!  I had to take Hitty Ginny out with me today to show her, but as you can see, it is much, much colder today, and we had to bundle up as best we could.  Let us hope that the daffodils are the only ones making false starts this month, and that they will not miss Spring entirely because of their error!

Hitty Grace and Hitty Ginny find A false start

Respectully yours,
Hitty Grace Sycamore Brown

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

So lovely to see the Hitty girls posting again. :o)